Sunday, April 14, 2019 - COHL All Star Games and End of Season Event
SAVE THE DATE! - Sunday, April 14th. 2019 COHL End of Season Party and All Star Game Event
Location: MB Arena (Chicago Blackhawks Practice Rink), 1801 W Jackson Blvd., Chicago, IL 60612
Time of Event: 4:30pm to 9pm
- Note the event is open to the public (i.e., spectators), so please encourage your family and friends to participate!
- The All Star Games are back! We will have two games and split the skills 50/50 into upper and lower levels. Players will be voted in by their captains and peers. Details about the voting process are being communicated to captains via email.
- Championship Mugs - We will hand out mugs to this year's COHL Champs
- Hats - We will hand out hats to registered COHL captains/players
- New! Captains Appreciation Game for all captains and assistant captains. Details and RSVPs are being communicated to captains via email.
- Opportunity for registered COHL players in attendance to try out the revolutionary RapidShot puck shot system from 6pm to 9pm. This is the same shot scoring system used by the Blackhawks players. Compete with your teammates to see who has the best shot!
- Drink ticket for each Captain and All Star player on us (16 oz. domestic beer).
- Choice of 1 free COHL merchandise item (onsite only) for each Captain. We have jerseys, hats from previous seasons, and more.
- Opportunity to purchase COHL merchandise at a heavy discount with 100% proceeds going to the Inner-City Education (ICE) Program (www.innercityeducation.org)
- Game times:
- 5:10pm to 6:00pm: Captain's Appreciation Game
- 6:10pm to 7:00pm: Upper Level All Star Game
- 7:10pm to 8:00pm: Lower Level All Star Game
5:10pm to 6:00pm - Captains Appreciation Game
- THANK YOU to captains for all that you do. We know how hard the job is and wanted to do something in appreciation of all your efforts.
- Open to captains and assistant captains only. Open to first 32 to confirm availability. Priority to Captains over Asst. Captains if we get too many RSVP's. (We are assuming some cannot make it)
- Opportunity to chat with COHL leadership and staff about the league's future.
- Captains get a choice of 1 free COHL merchandise item for those in attendance. Note you must attend in person to redeem. We will have our entire stock of merchandise including hoodies, t-shirts, jerseys, and hats.
- 1 drink ticket for each captain for a free 16oz. Domestic beer on us.
- The COHL will do our best to balance the teams. We will reach out to goalies if they are needed.
- Kevin will send out RSVP info to captains.
All Star Games
- Voting will begin online later this week and follow a similar format as in years past. We will be putting more emphasis on votes from captains (since we now have a separate captains game).
- Captains are eligible to play as well if voted in by their peers or the league.
- COHL will do our best to balance the games and the teams.
- 6:10pm to 7:00pm - Upper Level All Star Game
- 7:10pm to 8:00pm - Lower Level All Star Game
- Instruction will first be provided to captains, who will then share them with teammates.
- We will need captains help to ensure their players get the instructions and vote.
RapidShot Professional Puck Shooting System
- Try out the revolutionary puck shooting system on us! (Normally $150/hour to reserve)
- Check out a video with host Adam Burish here: Rapid Shot Challenge
- MB Arena info here: https://www.mbicearena.com/rapid-shot
- Staff from MB Arena will be onsite to assist participants.
- Participants must register onsite on a first come, first serve basis. There will be a signup sheet onsite.
- Participation is open to COHL registered players only.
- Tentatively available 6pm to 9pm (working on confirming the exact timeframe during the event).
- Mugs will be ready for pickup at the event for this years league champions.
- Captains can arrange to pickup for the entire team set of mugs, or individuals on the teams can pickup. Individuals can also pickup teammates mugs. Email your captains for arrangements after the playoffs.
- There will be a pickup list that players must sign in person when picking up their mugs, mugs on their teams behalf, or for any individual teammates they are picking up for.
2019 COHL Hats
- Similar pickup logistics as the mugs…
- Hats will be ready for pickup at the event for registered players only.
- Captains can arrange to pickup the entire team set of hats, or individuals on the teams can pickup. Individuals can also pickup teammates hats. Email your captains for arrangements.
- There will be a pickup list that players must sign in person when picking up their hats, hats on their teams behalf, or for any individual teammates they are picking up for.
Merchandise Sales to 100% Benefit the Inner-City Education (ICE) Program
- COHL will have our entire stock of merchandise onsite and on sale for heavy discounts.
- Items will have "suggested donation prices" that start at a $5 minimum.
- 100% of sales will go to the 501 c(3) non for profit ICE Program. Checkout www.innercityeducation.org for details on the ICE Program.
- This sale is only for those participating onsite and for in-stock items only. No online orders or future orders will be accepted at the event.
Questions? Please email email@example.com.